Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » S10 Offroad Specific » Hybrid

Forum rules

Pictures should be posted in the Picture Post forum only. Links are permitted here. Posts containing pictures in this section are subject to deletion.

Post subject: 2 wheel drive ext. cab s-10 body on a 4x4 s-10 chassis?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:11 pm 
May Pop's

I have a 1994 2 wheel drive extended cab S-10 that I'm wanting to put the body on a 4 wheel drive chassis. I was wanting to know what years, if any, that the body would bolt right onto. I'm guessing that at least a 94 to 97 extended cab S-10 would work but I'm not for sure. I'm going to start looking for a donor and don't want to have to do any major frame mods to make this work if possible. I am aware of all drive line issues as I have already dropped in a V-8 into the 2 wheel drive truck. Any input would be much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: 2 wheel drive ext. cab s-10 body on a 4x4 s-10 chassis?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 pm 
38's

I would recommend a 94 or 95 because you can still get a manual shifted t case. Other than getting the computer from the donor chassis I don't see a whole lot of work. The computer is tell the tranny to shift properly if it is 4lo. If you have a 5speed or are running a non computer tranny then you are golden and will only need to cut the hole in the floor for the shifter setup. Another option is to do a straight axle swap and put the 4wd tranny and tcase in your existing truck.

Post subject: Re: 2 wheel drive ext. cab s-10 body on a 4x4 s-10 chassis?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:24 am 
Staff Member

The 2wd body mounts will bolt right up on the 4wd chassis mounts... However, the one thing you should be aware of which is different, the passenger floorboard is made differently... The 4wd has added clearance for the transfer-case where the 2wd does not... With a 3 inch body-lift this is verified not to be an issue for sure... A 2 inch body-lift should work fine... You may be able to make it work without a body-lift but you will want to check clearances ahead of time before assuming...

I'm thinking this is what you were wanting to know... Hope it helps either way...

Board index » S10 Offroad Specific » Hybrid